Nambiti Game Reserve - South Africa
Step out of your world and into ours.
The Homestead is an ultra-luxury eco-lodge on the Nambiti Private Game Reserve, in the malaria-free KwaZulu-Natal region of South Africa. Steeped in history and bristling with technology, this new safari lodge is hewn from local ironstone and the roof is planted with indigenous grasses, embedding The Homestead into the natural environment. The Homestead will get you closer to the big five, with the chance to spot over 50 protected mammal species and over 300 bird species.
Discover The Homestead
The Homestead offers twelve suites, six of which are perfect for couples or solo adventurers. The other six suites can be connected together for families and larger groups and the entire property can be booked for events.
African-inspired food created with the finest organic, locally sourced ingredients. Braais in the Boma. A Whisky collection with dozens of bottles from around the world. Tea, Coffee and Wine tastings to tantalize your taste buds.
Game drives in electric vehicles, sundowners on The Homestead deck watching the animals at the waterhole, cooking classes with amazing chefs, showering in the waterfalls of the formidable Drakensberg mountains, and heavenly stargazing.
Positive impact for people and planet.
We believe that we’re all responsible for creating a better world for each other and future generations, and that means taking care of the people around us and the planet we live on. Find out more about how we are working to eradicate poaching, support local communities and incorporate sustainable practices in everything we do.
Sore, jetlagged muscles soothed by world-class therapists using Terre D’Afrique oils. Starting your day with a swim in your private infinity pool at sunrise. Yoga classes on The Homestead deck. Mesmerising flames flickering in the firepits.
Battlefield tours explain how our architecture combines with original 19th-century features to honour the land’s history. You can meet our community elders. Recognise constellations. Sip and paint.
Join us. #TheHomestead
- Happy Hanukkah! Wishing you and your family warmth and light this Hanukkah season 💙
- It's World Ranger Day! We want to thank each and every Ranger for their unwavering commitment, bravery and the sacrifices they make to protect and conserve our wildlife. #WorldRangerDay #StandWithRangers #Conservation
- Happy World Giraffe Day! Did you know that Giraffes can guzzle up to 45kgs of leaves and twigs a day? 🤯
- Happy Father's Day! We hope today brings all the love and joy you each deserve, The Homestead team 🧡
- Happy Mother's Day! You are all extraordinary and we are grateful for everything you do for us! ❤️
- In South Africa, Freedom Day is a chance to celebrate the ability to vote. In 1994, the first democratic elections were held and everybody, no matter their race, could participate. Photography: Emma Gatland
- Did you know? 💡 Marabou Storks can swallow a full kilogram of food in one gulp!
- Aloe spectabilis ❇️ Native to KwaZulu-Natal ❇️ Has antibacterial and antibiotic properties so can be used for bee stings, insect bites and other medicinal purposes. ❇️ Grows 10 leaves a year, so by counting the leaves on the plant as well as the dead leaves on the trunk you can work out exactly how old it is. On average takes around 80 years to grow to a meter. ❇️ Is eaten by Kudu and Eland in the dryer months and Elephants love them Photography: Craig Scott Photography
- On 21st March, Human Rights Day is observed by South Africans to remember the sacrifices made that led to democracy being established in South Africa. Photography: Emma Gatland
- Our full-body deep tissue massage makes use of tools like this Acacia wood tri-touch tool to relive tension in the deeper layers of muscle with firmer pressure and slower strokes. The Homestead Spa will rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit with a wonderful array of treatments using the finest products and tools to give you the best experience possible. Photography: Craig Scott Photography
- Sundowner 🍹 (noun) 1. a drink at sunset in a beautiful spot 2. the perfect way to start the weekend Photography: Craig Scott
- Happy International Woman's Day to the strong, intelligent, talented and simply amazing women everywhere! We love and appreciate you! 🥰
- Did you know? 💡 Elephants eat up to 150kg in one day, which is roughly the weight of an adult Hartebeest. Photography: Rudi Hulsholf
- The Southern Tree Agama/Blue-throated Agama 🔹 Males have a bright blue head which they use during displays to attract the attention of the simple brown or tan females. 🔹 Ants make up the main component of their diet. 🔹 These lizards are considered to be primarily arboreal and spend most of their life in the treetops Photography: Rudi Husholf
- Happy Valentine's Day! 💕 Photography: Emma Gatland
- The Yellow-billed Stork: ⭐ These birds can grow between 95-105 cm, weigh around 1,900-2,300 grams, with a wingspan of 150-165 cm. ⭐ During breeding season their white plumage becomes a delicate pink colour. ⭐ Their preferred feeding method is to stand in knee-deep water along the edge of reeds, stamping their feet, in search of frogs, small fish and other aquatic life. Photography: Rudi Husholf
- A very happy 2023 to you all! Here’s to a wonderful year 🥂
- Happy Thanksgiving, from The Homestead family to yours. 🧡 #happythanksgiving #visithomestead #southafrica #nambiti
- Wake us up when it's the weekend! 😴 #visithomestead #thehomestead #sleepinglions #wanderlust #igtravel #travelgram #instatravel #luxurytravel #luxurysafari #africansafari #southafrica #nambiti
- Want to know more about The Homestead’s artisan and tailor-made food offerings? Or want to know why the drinks selection will be truly special, from wine experiences, whisky tastings to bespoke cocktails? Then head to our Q&A with Francois Briel, Food & Beverage Manager at The Homestead - Link in bio. #visithomestead #thehomestead #artisan #wineexperience #whiskytasting #bespokecocktails #wanderlust #igtravel #travelgram #instatravel #luxurytravel #luxurysafari #africansafari #southafrica #nambiti
- Turtles on a hippo! 🐢🦛 A beautiful snapshot of the wildlife in @nambitireserve living in complete harmony! 💚 #visithomestead #thehomestead #turtles #hippos #wildlifephotography #wanderlust #igtravel #travelgram #instatravel #luxurytravel #luxurysafari #africansafari #southafrica #nambiti
- Starting to plan your travels for 2023? Don’t forget to include The Homestead on your list, situated in the @nambitireserve, The Homestead mixes sustainable practices with wonderfully attentive service. There is nowhere on Earth quite like it as a haven of tranquillity, discovery and reflection. Sign up for our newsletter to be one of the first to find out when we open – Link in bio. #visithomestead #thehomestead #wanderlust #igtravel #travelgram #instatravel #luxurytravel #luxurysafari #africansafari #southafrica #nambiti
- A Game Drive 'The Homestead Style’ - bespoke game drives for all guests and tailor-made plans that are perfect for you. There will be no end to the amazing animals, birds and plants that you’ll see whilst in Nambiti Private Game Reserve. Our rangers have staggering knowledge of the bush, the wetlands, the plains - and the bugs and beasts that live in them. To sign up for our newsletter and be one of the first to know when we open head to our website - Link in bio. #visithomestead #thehomestead #wanderlust #igtravel #travelgram #instatravel #luxurytravel #luxurysafari #africansafari #southafrica #nambiti #wildlifephotography #oryx #hippo #giraffe #elephant
- When booking a stay at The Homestead you’ll be able to choose from one of our spacious, impeccable guest suites. Each one has a spectacular view, private deck, butler service and WiFi – all with their own elegant designs and magical touches. Head to ‘The Lodge’ on our website to find out more - Link in bio. #visithomestead #thehomestead #wanderlust #igtravel #travelgram #instatravel #luxurytravel #luxurysafari #africansafari #southafrica #nambiti
- The Dung Beetle: 🔹 There are approximately 780 species of Dung Beetle in South Africa alone. They vary in size from a minuscule 5mm to a larger species at 50mm. 🔹 On average dung beetles can roll a ball of dung 50 times their own weight – these little guys are pretty strong! 🔹 If it weren’t for beetles, dung would harden and cover the ground. Grass and other plants would find it very difficult to grow. They also help to assist in fertilising the ground by breaking up and burying the dung. #visithomestead #thehomestead #dungbeetle #wildlifephotography #wanderlust #igtravel #travelgram #instatravel #luxurytravel #luxurysafari #africansafari #southafrica #nambiti